Thursday, July 2, 2020

Oops, I made a mistake

I think I'm too sloppy for organised religion. I try to keep Shabbos, but often make a mistake and turn on a light. I do have a kosher home, but the amount of times I've accidentally put the milk spoon into the meat pot is embarrassing. I read the prayers but my Hebrew is so bad even G-d must have trouble understanding me. I'm not perfect and never will be. So why bother striving for perfection if I know I'll never get there?


You are right. You should not strive for perfection. It's not the Jewish way. Improvement? Yes. But perfection? No.











To subscribe CLICK HERE or email rabbimoss@nefesh.com.au
THIS WEEK'S PODCASTS
The 36 Hidden Saints

What does the Zohar say about the 36 tzaddikim who keep the world going? Why that number and why are they hidden?
SHABBOS SONGS AUDIO
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To help you recreate the holy energy of shul in your home, here are recordings of the Friday night tunes we sing at Nefesh, created by the super-talented Zalmy Okunov. Download and listen to them during the week, so when it comes to Shabbos, you can be the chazan! Note: they are not to be played on Shabbos itself - nothing can replace your own voice on Shabbos.

No comments:

Post a Comment